If you have a lot of plants that often need trimming, propagation is a great way to grow new plants for yourself or your friends from cuttings, and having a propagation station can make the process fun and add style to your home.
What is a Plant Propagation Station?
A plant propagation station is a spot or space for you to propagate your plants. You can use something as simple as a mason jar or cup or you can use a planter that’s built specifically for propagation.
While using any cup of water can do the job – you can show off your plant babies and your green thumb with plant propagation stations built for display.
The Best Propagation Station Planters and Vases
Wall Hanging Glass Planter Propagation Station
This simple propagation planter looks great hanging on a wall or freestanding with an open frame.
- Wood and glass tubes
- Dimensions: 8.7″L×2″W×5″H
- Test tube dimensions: 1″ diameter, 7.09″ height
Five Tube Propagation Block Planter
Propagate five plants in these handmade solid hardwood propagation stations – with multiple options for finishes to match any space.
- Available in maple, cherry, or walnut
- Available in flat or angled top
- Available with or without keyholes for wall hanging
Plant Terrarium with Wooden Stand
This standing terrarium includes 3 bud vases that are perfect for propagation.
- Bulbs made from high boron silicon heat resistant glass
- Stand dimensions: 5.5″ x 11″ x 4″
- Bulb dimensions 3.74″ x 2.75″
Metal Vase Frame Gold Geometric Plant Pot
This minimal gold framed vase comes in a 3-piece set and offers a much more modern look for propagation
- Metal and borosilicate glass
- 3 piece set
Propagation Cradles by Hilton Carter
I’m a big fan of Hilton Carter – you might know him from his Instagram or as Apartment Therapy’s “Plant Doctor” – his love for plants is infectious and his green thumb is unmatched. He also has a line of handmade propagation cradles that are great for hanging or can easily be placed on a table.
- Handmade in Baltimore, MD
- Propagation cradles available for 1, 2, or 4 plants
- Available in maple, walnut, or osage orange
- Keyholes on back for hanging
Modern Botanical Propagation Frame Bundles
These clean, modern propagation frames are great for both displaying on surface or mounting to a wall and have really substantial glass tubes with flat bottoms – making it easy to move your plants around. I also love that they offer plants to kickstart your propagation station!
- Multiple sizes and bundles available
- Maple & walnut finished with a Danish oil blend
- Includes glass tubes and nails for wall mounting
- Options for purchasing plant starters in bundles or on their own
Rustic Hydroponic Flower Vase Set in Wooden Rack
Wood with a vintage finish makes this flower vase set a great addition for rustic decor.
- Wood rack and glass bottles
- Dimensions: 13″ x 3″ x 6.5″
Wood Wall Vase Propagation Station
These wooden hanging cases make a great statement as bud vases or propagation stations.
- Handcrafted from reclaimed Australian timber
- Available in multiple colors
- Dimensions: 8.6″ x 3.3″
Floating Shelf Propagation Station
This propagation station features a minimal design with its floating bracket and is available in 18″ (5 tubes) or 40″ (9 tubes) lengths.
- Available in oak or walnut
- Available in 18″ or 40″ widths
Air Plant Terrarium Bulb Vase
This 2-piece planter set is great for air plants but is also a perfect place for propagation.
- Wood and borosilicate glass
- Dimensions: 7.9″ x 3.8″ x 2.8″; 5.6″ x 3.8″ x 2.8″
- Vase Dimensions: 3.74″ H x 2.75″
Handmade Glass & Ceramic Propagation Vessel
These minimalist propagation vessels are handmade and come as a single piece fusing glass with a matte ceramic base. They look great solo displaying a single clipping or together in a group.
- Glass and ceramic
- Available in large and extra-large sizes
Rustic Vase Set with Vintage Wood Rack
This freestanding set of glass vases with a rustic, farmhouse-inspired stand is perfect for propagating and looks great as a centerpiece!
- Glass, wood, metal