If you have a lot of plants that often need trimming, propagation is a great way to grow new plants for yourself or your friends from cuttings, and having a propagation station can make the process fun and add style to your home.
What is a Propagation Station?
A plant propagation station is a spot or space for you to propagate your plants. You can use something as simple as a mason jar or cup or you can use a planter that’s built specifically for propagation.
While using any cup of water can do the job – you can show off your plant babies and your green thumb with plant propagation stations built for display – you can even fill an entire wall with plants!
The Best Propagation Station Planters and Vases
Wall Hanging Glass Planter Propagation Station
This simple propagation planter looks great hanging on a wall or freestanding with an open frame – its open design is great for keeping a close eye on your plant’s roots as they grow.
- Wood and glass tubes
- Dimensions: 8.7″L×2″W×5″H
- Test tube dimensions: 1″ diameter, 7.09″ height
Five Tube Propagation Planter Station
Propagate five plants in these handmade solid hardwood propagation stations – with multiple options for finishes to match any space. I have some of these propagation planters in my own home – grouped together to create a propagation wall!
- Available in maple, cherry, or walnut
- Available in flat or angled top
- Available with or without keyholes for wall hanging
Freestanding Plant Propagation Station
This cute, free-standing propagation planter includes 3 glass vases that look great in any space.
- Bulbs made from high boron silicon heat resistant glass
- Stand dimensions: 5.5″ x 11″ x 4″
- Bulb dimensions 3.74″ x 2.75″
Glass & Gold Frame Propagation Station
This minimal gold-framed propagation vase comes in a 3-piece set and offers a modern look for propagating your plants.
- Metal and borosilicate glass
- 3 piece set
Propagation Cradles by Hilton Carter
I’m a big fan of Hilton Carter – you might know him from his Instagram or as Apartment Therapy’s “Plant Doctor” – his love for plants is infectious and his green thumb is unmatched. He also has a line of handmade propagation cradles that are great for hanging and creating a propagation wall or can easily be placed on a table.
- Handmade in Baltimore, MD
- Propagation cradles available for 1, 2, or 4 plants
- Available in maple, walnut, or osage orange
- Keyholes on back for hanging
Modern Botanical Propagation Frame Bundles
These clean, modern propagation frames are great for both displaying on surface or mounting to a wall and have really substantial glass tubes with flat bottoms – making it easy to move your plants around. I also love that they offer plants to kickstart your propagation station!
- Multiple sizes and bundles available
- Maple & walnut finished with a Danish oil blend
- Includes glass tubes and nails for wall mounting
- Options for purchasing plant starters in bundles or on their own
Rustic Propagation Vase Set in Wooden Rack
Wood with a vintage finish makes this propagation vase set a great addition for rustic decor.
- Wood rack and glass bottles
- Dimensions: 13″ x 3″ x 6.5″
Wood Wall Vase Propagation Station
These wooden hanging cases make a great statement as bud vases or propagation stations.
- Handcrafted from reclaimed Australian timber
- Available in multiple colors
- Dimensions: 8.6″ x 3.3″
Floating Shelf Wall Propagation Station
This propagation station features a minimal design with its floating bracket and is available in 18″ (5 tubes) or 40″ (9 tubes) lengths – perfect for creating a minimal propagation wall and keeping the focus on all of your plants!
- Available in oak or walnut
- Available in 18″ or 40″ widths
Glass Bulb Plant Propagation Vase
This 2-piece planter set is great for air plants but is also a perfect place for propagation.
- Wood and borosilicate glass
- Dimensions: 7.9″ x 3.8″ x 2.8″; 5.6″ x 3.8″ x 2.8″
- Vase Dimensions: 3.74″ H x 2.75″
Handmade Glass & Ceramic Propagation Vessel
These minimalist propagation vessels are handmade and come as a single piece fusing glass with a matte ceramic base. They look great solo displaying a single clipping or together in a group.
- Glass and ceramic
- Available in large and extra-large sizes
Rustic Vase Set with Vintage Wood Rack
This freestanding set of glass vases with a rustic, farmhouse-inspired stand is perfect for propagating and looks great as a centerpiece!
- Glass, wood, metal